What is Knox?
Knoxguard is a security feature, integrated with hardware and software of a Samsung devices,which will not allow users to downgrade firmware,Custom rom flash and unpaid devices lock
Pre-Requirements to Remove knox in Samsung (Mediatek Chipset) devices
- You should have hand skills before doing this process in EMMC replacement
- You should need any of the following software boxes (i.e Easy Jtag plus,UFI, or Medusa Pro)
- You must need a matching emmc Because we need to change emmc.
How to find matching emmc?
- Download the firmware of the device which you are going to remove knox.
- Extract the firmware and extract BL file
- Now, you can find the preloader in it.
- Now we need to parse the preloader in order to get the Supported CID List of the device ( Use CM2 or easy jtag plus or third party tools to parse preloader).
- After getting the CID you can able to find proper emmc by matching it
(NOTE: You can also use the old emmc to remove knox)
- You can also find the matching emmc by clicking here.
Why we need to change Emmc to remove knox?
- Knox security files are stored in the RPMB area of the emmc, which is not accessible to change the data by any Software boxes.
(NOTE: You can also use the same emmc by Rpmb Cleaning via emmc firmware update in Easy jtag plus and medusa pro box)
Knox removing process:
- WARNING: Do at your own risk (Mediatek chipset only supported by this process).
- Backup the security files and userarea dump 2gb,Boot 1 (4mb),Boot 2 (4mb).
- Now erase all data in emmc and restore the backup data in new emmc.
- Now boot the device into download mode (now you see that kg state:locked will be changed to kg-checking).
- After flash it with latest firmware.